Ready to take your photography to the next level? Well today Adobe announced an update to it’s well respected and very popular photo processing program – Lightroom. This edition, Lightroom 5, builds upon the platform which photographers have found so helpful in the past. I currently have and use Lightroom 4 and will surely update to Lightroom 5.
If you are not acquainted with Lightroom I suggest you look into it. There are lots of reviews out there so I’m not going to reinvent the wheel here. Just know that Lightroom is a very versatile, powerful, and helpful program for the photographer. Here is a list of some of the very helpful features.
- Directly import photos into your computer.
- Arrange and catalog your photos for easy location
- Tag photos with keywords, copyright info, etc.
- Professional level editing features / “non destructive” leaving the original image intact. (I truly love the way it adjusts shadows)
- Print photo books from selected photos / with your own added text
- Produce “slideshows” from selected photos, adding background music
- Print photos directly from Lightroom
- Create html or flash photo galleries galleries / export to websites
In the newest Lightroom 5 you will find a variety of new / improved features.
- Upright – automatically corrects skewed lines / horizons / etc.
- Radial Gradient – create off center vignettes or multiple vignette effects
- Smart Previews – work with smaller collections of photos offsite / they will sync when brought back to your main work station
- Video Slide Shows – combine still images, video clips, and music in creative HD videos that can be viewed on almost any computer or device.
Lightroom 5 is available now. Full price is $149.00. Upgrades go for $79.00
Improve Your Post-Processing …….. And Enjoy The Adventure!
Dr.B – The Photo Trekker
SHARE THIS ARTICLE BY CLICKING BELOW – OR CLICK ON “LEAVE A REPLY” AND SEND ME A NOTE OR COMMENT – THANKS
© 2013, Bruce W Bean, Ph.D. All rights reserved.